16 March, 2007

A whole new world

My mind is constantly running on how to be a good mother and how to evolve into a better mother. I am obsessed with this--in theory! haha When I get home I usually just need some time alone before I jump start mommy mode. But anyway...One day I was praying on this and I heard, "The best thing you can do for Jeremiah is to create the world that you want him to grow up in" What type of environment am I creating? I mostly remember my mom, but my dad was there too. They bowled in a league. It was always fun to go...frustrating that they wouldnt let me bowl--not even once!!! They took us to the drive-in. All I remember is Groundhog's Day...what I thought was THE most boring movie EVER!!! I remember out of town trips--family reunions and lots of ALONE TIME. I loved playing by myself...noone had quite the imagination that I had anyway--IMO! I was a little arrogant something! But that got me to thinking what qualities of my childhood would I like to offer to my child, and what ones that were a bit lacking that I would like to create just for him. And my little inner Keelah! Well I would love for him to see me and his dad, having real love for each other. Together or not...I want him to see respect, healty communication, and unconditional love. I want him to see us both committed to working together to help shape his life. That is very important to me. I believe this one is possible, because we both want that more than anything. I want to have activities that we do as a family. I want to take him to the science center, the zoo, museums, concerts, and the circus. Things like that...at least once a month. I want for him to have a lot of different experiences in his life. I will NOT be a lazy parent! I want him to be a thinker--able to draw conclusions and always connected to his heart! I want him to take some type of class maybe karate or some team sport. I think those things help to shape peoples minds as well as conditions the body. Which brings me to ...I want him to be active. I want him to be a moving child and one who respects his temple. I also want him to love and respect style. I want him to respect beautiful things. Read: I dont want him breaking my new shit!!! I want for him to have his own space! I love for everything to have its own place....hmm hence my strange love for containers of all sorts. Baskets, tupperware, decorative boxes, and the idea of labels--makes me purr!--wow the more I realize about myself--the bigger the weird factor! haha But ultimately, my son is in the world that I am creating right now. Yes this confusing, world that WILL yield to order and beauty and serenity and peace. I am so excited!!! This is going to be GOOD!

Damn I sure use "I" a lot!! I hope I remember that this is all about HIM!! LOL

2 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

i often tell myself that i want the same activities and lifestyle for my daughter that you want for your son but lately i've been saying to myself that it's also very important to be mindful to try to raise them in the church so that they can be spiritually connected to themselves and the world around them.

sooo....here's to raising God fearing, productive, morally upright, law abiding, loving, giving and beautiful people!!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

ooooh....I love this post- I believe all of the things you want for your son are wonderful!! I love my parents, I strive so hard to give my children what they gave me...I feel at times I lacked a great deal, I remember how sheltered I was from the realities of things when I finally hit the real world. I know for a fact that my children are alot more in touch with the real world because that is one of the things I refused to do is sugar coat.... I love my parents for protecting me but I believe some stuff was hidden and it caused me to have to endure some hard lessons.... still and all, I love who I am and who I have become, I believe I have done a good job as well.
This was great !!!!!