16 March, 2007

Time to make my house a home

Everywhere I have lived, I always moved with the intention that 'this time', I was going to actually live there. Ya know? Walk in...and see essences of my self. Everywhere I look being reminded of my good taste! (lately its all about ME huh? smile) But usually for one reason or another, I just never get around to it. I stay places what seems like an average of 3 years and I never actually puncutate them! My home is always in design limbo. And I think I'm ready to acutally do something about it. Its not this ashamed urgency like usual. This time it is coming strictly from a desire to beautify my surroundings. Nothing more, nothing less. I have been persuing catalogs and magazines (ya like perooozing dontcha?! lol) trying to find design ideas. I always love to see how designers put a room together with things that I would have neva in a million years think of, and try to recreate them. I have only done that with a Thanksgiving centerpiece that I saw in Home magazine. It had tree branches and candles and petals and pearls and shit. It was beautiful. I couldnt stop staring at it in the magazine. And its crazy, between the dollar store for petals, some wicker candle holders (already had), fake pearls from the dollar store and a pretty vase from Marshalls, it was easy to recreate...what was the killer was that I went in Big Lots, which is not a store that I would normally go into...and they had these fake little tree branches that just completed the look--PERFECTLY!! I cant describe the elation that I felt over making that whole thing happen for like, less than 25 bucks. Why, then have I not continued on to bigger and better projects? Sigh...just another way to keep myself down I guess. But I am feeling really crafty nowadays. I want to create things. Beautiful things. I want to give my home a face lift. Now I want to complain about money, but I know that I dont need money to come up with a game plan. I know there are certain things that I can make and I want to make them. Dont know how long this is going to take, but this is my new project. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sweet KeiKei said...

you know this is a great idea and i'm going to embark on the same journey as i often find myself in the same predicaments with regard to my apartments. it's time to create a space that speaks to me and is apart of me.
thanks for the inspiration!
xoxoxo