26 March, 2007

Tracking Progress

Does anyone else ever read back over their old posts on their own blog? Or is it just me? Well I have noticed a pattern...I have all these 'things' that I want to accomplish, and I pray and I read, and I wish and I hope, and I research, and I bitch and moan...but what I seem to lack in this whole process is execution. BIG surprise huh? Well of course not really, but that is the only thing between me and everything that I "say" I want. I have dreams, but no goals. No plan to get things going. I want to get from here to there--with no blueprint...no way of determining progress, no personal measure of success. So I have decided that I will have to make mini goals that take me on to my bigger ones. I figure that if I can measure my progress...it will make it more likely that I will stick on the right path, and it will help me to remain accountable for my actions. I want sooo much. And my desire for so many things makes me feel overwhelmed somtimes wondering how will I accomplish them all. I pray for so much and though I know its nothing for God...I have a hard time navigating through all of my wishes to stay aligned with what I claim I want, so I since I have a goal board, and a treasure box...and I pray all the time, I'm going to assume that my prayers are on the way...I am going to "in the meantime" do what I can to assist in the process...as its become very obvious as of late...I am nothing in and of myslef. So here are my goals for this week. They are not very ambitious, but achieving them will mean a lot for me on my walk. I want to lose 2 lbs. I want to make four wall hangings for my sons room--which is coming together slowly but surely. That is it. I want to add like 10 more things (my mind is screaming "you can do more that that!)...but hey...I can be patient. I can take it slowly. I can build up to my dream. I can DO that!!! I will do that.

2 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

i read over my old posts sometimes too and realize that some of the things i said i want i still want those things but don't have them. setting goals, actually writing them down and focusing on them will help a lot. and you are absolutely right, taking things slowly will help build your momentum and before you know it you'll be rolling!!!
good luck!!!
xoxoxo

Keelah said...

Thanks so much! I am really fed up with being all talk and no damn action! Lists and things is strictly against my genetic make-up I think...lol, but here we go. I bought a planner and everything! Thanks for the luck!