29 March, 2007

Jealous love--oxymoronic? hmmm

Last night I went to church and it was good. But when I got home, my man decided he was going to go and chill with his friends for a few hours. No big deal...my ego wanted to make it a big deal, but in reality it wasnt. So fast forwarding cuz it was really boring. My son and I ate, laughed a little, had a few spitups, changes, tv, songs...and then he went to sleep. When he woke up...he was talking for a while. Smiling and gurgling but after a while, he kept looking around the corner for my man. But he didnt come. So J progressively got more agitated...until after about a half hour...it was full blown wailing! When my man did get back home, my son practically leapt to him. Okay...he's only 5 months he didnt leap...perse, but he buried himself into his chest and rubbed himself on his neck and calmed down. He looked at him as if he hadnt seen him in years. It was a look of love and excitement mixed with relief. And the sounds of his little breathing as his heart slowed down to regular pace was just...beautiful. My man admitted that the welcome almost made him cry. Now my whole thing is this??? What am I? Chopped liver. I felt so bad. Of course this just confirmed a stupid nagging thought in my mind...that I will NOT justify with words, but...sigh. I was a bit sad. And my feelings were hurt. Isnt this supposed to be the other way around? If at all. I AM however thankful that he got to feel that love that he was never able to offer his own father. That is a beautiful miracle. Thank you, God. But I want to experience that too. I am aware that what they share has nothing to do with our relationship...but how do I keep from actually being envious of the love that they share? Is this normal...or do I need therapy? Not that I can afford therapy...so I hope that is not the answer. Love.

3 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

my daughter is the same way with her father. i do all the dirty work but everytime i turn around she wants her daddy. i guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. i bet if you took the time to see it you'd realize that he does the same thing with you sometimes. don't be jealous though...be thankful because there are many children who look but the parent never comes back.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie...I swear I am laughin at this (loudly) because I can remember having the same feelings with my own children when they were that age...matter of fact, I still feel jealous a little because of the way my son puts his dad on a pedestal (for no reason other than he is his sperm donor) It is normal...and like unknowndiva said, he does you the same way...you just dont see it yet! I didnt see it until I left him with other people...his reaction was O so grand to my return and when I paid close attention, he was that way with their dad too in regard to my entrance! You crack me up tho because you make me think of alot of things that I just plain ole forgot when it comes to being a new mom!! It get's greater later!!! and when you become an OG like me, you will be laughing at the freshman class just like me!

Peace and Hair grease!

Chokkk

Keelah said...

Thank you both...and I'm loving "It gets greater later!"