15 March, 2007

Permission to speak, please?

Excuse me...but can I say whats on my mind? Can I speak how I do at home, with my dialect and my style? Can I sing to myself-in public- cuz music lifts my soul? Can I? Do I have your permission? Can I dress in a way that is bright and unique and that makes "me" feel good? Or would that offend you in any way to let my light shine? Can I admit to you that sometimes I dont know what to do or say...so I just say nothing? Would you make fun of me and pretend that you always have it together?(hmmm) Can I laugh? I mean really laugh, when I see the humor in something...even when you dont? Can I love whom I love without feeling guilty or ashamed that that person cant or doesnt love me back? Can I feel what I feel without having to temper it or transform it to something else that makes more sense? Can I just be me? Can I? Can I be passionate about expression of my true self? Can I? Is that okay with you that my life goal right now is to re-reveal my authenticity and let it ooze from every part of me-every word, every choice, every song. Can I--shine from here to heaven and back again? Is that alright with you that THAT is my intention and it will be? I sure hope so...cuz thats the only way I want to live. This may sound crazy, but subliminally I ask these questions all the time. During every encounter every conversation. I try to feel out what parts of myself are okay to reveal and what ones should I keep under wraps...well today I figured that there is none of me that should bring me shame or make me feel guilty. This is me. My spiritual evolution will refine me in the greatest way possible, so why should I feel less than for not being who I "think" I should be yet? And for who??? Other people and their expectations or my expectations of their expectations??? ha HA HA! No more asking anyone any questions on who I should be...time to be who I am--NOW! What do I risk people finding out about me? That I am not perfect? Duh! That I dont know everything? Ha Ha-well almost! That I'm not living up to my potential? Duh! That I am aware of that (and working on it)...and? That I get moody sometimes...they ALLREADY know that one! haha There is nothing about me that is so bad that I cannot share, and if it is maybe sharing it will help it be healed. Either way, keeping myself to myself doesnt help me. And it doesnt leave space for people to be who they are either. So from now on.... I'm letting it all hang out! Be FREE today! Love. First and always.

4 comments:

dc_speaks said...

that was cool...I just noticed a new person and wanted to check you out...

nice work...just thought i would drop by and show some love to your site!

Anonymous said...

Mrs Free to be Me...just call me that!!! LOL... I am loving this post!!! Be Free...

Sweet KeiKei said...

i'm diggin this post too! i've always kind of been like that but sometimes i feel like being me is still conditional. well.....not anymore! i'm going to be me too and i don't give a damn if people understand, like me or anything else! and i'm not doing it to get anything in return or anything like that. i'm just gonna be!!!
here's to us!!! hahaha
xoxoxo

Keelah said...

Touche!!!