21 March, 2007

New for spring

I have always been obsessed with natural skin, body and hair care...but I never really allowed myself to get into it. I am noticing a trend in the news: everyday products that we use faithfully are being linked to all types of disorders and diseases, so I thought now might be a good time to look into putting as little "products" on my skin as possible. When I went to massage school a few years back, where mostly everyone was 'green'. Meaning they ate vegan or mostly vegetarian, natural products, really organic lifestyles, one of our instructors told us that if you wont eat it...it shouldnt touch your skin. At the time, it made sense, but not in a realistic way for me. I mean, I was NOT going to make my own soap or deoderant! I dont know bout yall...but cant do it! But now I'm coming around to seeing the benefits of a more natural approach to body care. My skin is acting a fool lately. I am becoming much more sensitive to the foods I eat and what I use on my skin and hair. I dont know if its age or just the fact that I know better, but I cant get away with what I used to. Nowadays if I dont drink enough water during the day...I wake up with a big fat "I-told-you-so bump!". It is not cumulative it is the very next day!!! If I eat fried food--my skin immediately gets greasy and/or bumpy which is a NO-NO in the Diva handbook! Maybe I am just coming out of some deep azz denial, but I am really seeing a DIRECT relation to my habits and the condition of my body(yeah i know...duh!) ...so I really gotsta get on it! Spring is here and I do plan on GLOWING--inside and out! With that being said, I went to a natural health food store on my lunch and got some natural face products, and some shea butter for my hair (which works wonders). I also picked up a few essential oils that are intended to assist me with some issues that I am working through. They are expensive for the amount...but I was really sensitive to the scent and they were really altering my mood in the store...so I'm going to add some sexy(ylang ylang) to my room and some invigorating(lemon) to my kitchen...and a little soothing (bergamot) to my bathroom. I've been doing research on them for a minute...and if they are half of what they are alleged to be...then this is gone be GOOD! I might even make some massage oil or hair stuff or skin stuff--as you can use them in so many different ways for so many different things...like good old baking soda its a mutli-tasker! And I love em for that! Well that is my new thing for now! Next feng shui--but ... One new thing at a time. Have a blessed day everyone!

1 comment:

Shai said...

Keelah, I just found a brotha from Michigan who sells natural products. Check out his site: http://quenchessentials.net/storefront/