23 May, 2007

So cute!

Yesterday I went to this house that my man is redoing...and me and my son and our niece, Teaira were waiting outside for him to get done. This little girl who I met once before ran up to the car and spoke to me. She noticed Teaira, 4 in the backseat and spoke to her. After exchanging names, I asked Te if she wanted to get out...I was TOTALLY SHOCKED when she said yes. Next thing I know they were playing like they had known each other for YEARS!!! It was AMAZING! They both have strong personalities (read: attitudes) and they worked it out. I only had to intervene once, seeing as though they both thought their way of playing a game was the ONLY AND BEST way! But I was totally in the moment while they taught me how we should be. Open and inquisitive, non judgmental, and just enjoying each moment! When we were about to leave, they looked heartbroken. It was crazy. They had only known each other for like a half an hour. What is it about children that make them that way? It was magical and it made me yearn for simpler and freer days, for sure! Just WOW!

1 comment:

Sweet KeiKei said...

it's beautiful to see children play together.

my niece and my daughter met for the first time at my daughter's third b-day party and played excellent together as if they had known each other for years too. same scenario: attitude and a some bossiness but for the most part, they got along really good.
when my niece left my daughter ran back to the door and said mommy i wanna tell leani i love her. i was so moved by that it's bringing tears to my eyes writing it.

i never thought of it that way though: open, inquisitive, non judgemental, and just enjoying each moment.

i'll have to keep that in mind...thanks!!!