21 May, 2007

Do something different!!!

So I have been having a pity party for the last few days! I have invited people to join me...however noone has taken me up on my offer. Great friends...gotta love them! Any way...just cuz I didnt have anyone to uncelebrate with didnt mean I havent been pitiful all by myself...so I have been moping and being all sour around the house all day...and so my man invited me to a bbq at one of his friends house. He's all excited...saying we can play horseshoes and be on teams! And play poker, eat GOOD! (the most convincing argument), his wife is nice..."you'll like her" --made me angry!!! But I kept refusing! I said I didnt like her the last time I met her, I dont want to play stoopit horseshoes, and I jsut dont want to be around people...and do yall know what he did??? He yelled at me!! Like loud...He said "well you're walking around here all depressed, yet you are not trying to do a damn thing about it. Whats the point of complaining and making not ONE change in your life??? Do something different, anything... dammit or just make peace with the fucked up mood you're in!!!" Now normally ya girl would have cut into him. I wanted to tell him "you dont understand!" and many other whiney things to that effect...but truth is. He is right. The "reasons" that I complain about on a regular are things that I can change...as a matter of fact they are things that ONLY I can change...with the help of you know who...but all in all...I am not helpless nor am I powerless. So after I picked my lip up off the floor...I agreed to go the bbq. Ironically it was cancelled...but the first step was taken. I am glad. Then we babysat his niece yesterday...She is 5 and lots of energy. And I am always so tired so I really anticipated the worst...but it was so awesome!!! We laughed and told jokes and sang...and I gave her a bath...and that was so much fun! Kidz imaginations are the BEST! I never thought rubber duckies could be fun...but she had a blast! The little I know seemed like so much wisdom to her...she was totally fascinated by the fact that I knew (instinctively) how to empty the water out of the ducks! I felt so good. It was great...and I was exhausted at the end of the day, but that made for great sleep and a very busy but fulfilling morning. I woke up with a smile on my face for the first time in MONTHS! I mean I felt so dumb...cuz I was just smiling for no other reason besides me feeling good in my skin today! I mean...my tire went flat on my way here... I was late, I made a huge mistake at work, and things still happened, but its all good. I also got a bit of a promotion at work today...more responsiblity, more pay, more technically good stuff to put on my resume. I am as of the 30th the new accounts payable mangager--which sounds kinda cool. Training is going to be a b*tch tho...with preggo brain and all. But I'm sure I can handle it! Well hopefully I can parlay this good day into a good week, and then into a good month and into a good life! Hope all is well, everywhere! Love.

1 comment:

Sweet KeiKei said...

wow...congrats on the promotion!
see...HE's got ya back ALL DA TIME!!!
children definitely have a way to brighten things up.

stay up!!!

xoxoxo