14 May, 2007

I think i'm depressed again

I am mad all the time when I have to face my life. I dont want to be alone yet I dont want people near me either. I am seriously contemplating taking some medications, just to see if there really is a difference between the way I am accustomed to being...and "normal". I mean...dont get me wrong, this is normal for me...but lately I have been wondering if it could be better. i know that there is no magic pill...and if it does work, I should only use it to help me know what I could feel like...but I am tired of this. I'm not overwhelmed, which should be some sort of red flag, because I dont feel well...AT ALL! Now mind you...this feeling that I speak of right now is constant. Even when I am elated...and feeling strong and optimistic it is always there...just NOW! In this moment...I realized that it probably shouldnt be. And that maybe all my relevations and learnings would be much more impactful if I didnt have this dark azz cloud always around. Its strange to talk about it...cuz I feel like I have long ago accepted this darkness as a part of who I am...but maybe thats the problem...its not and I'm just carrying it around as if its me, draining myself even further. I dont know what to do really. I have written on peoples blog saying...I understand when they speak of depression, cuz I do! I know depression quite well. I actually boast sometimes saying that I have found a way to co-exist with it. But...what the fuck??? I dont want to co-exist with something that drains my every hope at happiness. If I have to share my life with anyone or anything...it should promote joy and peace and harmony in my life....not fear and exhaustion and just ...THIS! So...I guess this time had to come...I am going to actively seek to eradicate this from my life. While it gives me a thread of commonality in this world, and gives me justifications for not being MY BEST! It also robs me of my potential, and keeps me and all things that I love...arms length away...and quite honestly, that is just not gonna work for ya girl anymore! I have a son, who I love with all that I am...but if I dont beat this beast now...he will be raised by a mother who lives in denial. And its much better to be fucked up and real, than pretend that its gravy when its really shit! hmmm...I dont want to post this cuz I feel like Im kinda crazy going from one extrmee to the other. But it only seems that way if you dont understand how one can LIVE depressed. I can appreciate my many blessings...and still be depressed. I can have good fortune, miracles of all kinds, confirmations of my faith...and still be depressed. I dont understand it either...but I know...that Im tired. I want this to be a done deal! So...here I go...AGAIN! And hopefully for the last damn time!

4 comments:

Shai said...

Keelah, you had such beautiful posts earlier. The Enemy is just trying to get you down. Pray, read your fav scripture. Battle him cause he is trying you right now.

Lisa Steptoe said...

Keelah,
You can beat this and if you need to rant at the world with someone,I'm here for you. You don't have to feel this way all the time. While I believe that prayer and surrounding yourself with good, well-intentioned people will definitly help, I highly recommend you talk to your doc about this...and get a little pharma intervention. The stuff works - I've been on some and I've sold some as a Pharma rep years ago. If ya want more info - email me and i'll give you my #. If only to take the edge off, give you some energy and give you a leg up to get up and move on.
I with you! Holler at me....

Sweet KeiKei said...

keelah,

i had a post similar to this one yesterday but i deleted it because it was so depressing. i was in a dark mood too. you should read msjayy's blog today

http://soulfullsoliloquies.blogspot.com/

it's wonderful and i think it will give you some inspiration like it gave me.

stay up & keep pushing.

Keelah said...

Shai-I havent been reading lately. Its like My mind is always racing too fast for that...

SalesDiva-I am open to suggestions. The only thing is... I am pregnant and I have to be mindfull of what medications will do to baby. Tho I'm sure depression cant betoo good either.

And Unknown-That post was AWESOME! Thank you all.