01 May, 2007

Mommy part Deaux

That chick is dying. That chick I wanted to be for so long. That chick that was Fly beyond belief and just doin her damn thing. She is dying in favor of another chick...who I am terrified of. The mother of two. Help me mothers cuz I have so many demons regarding this.

I dont want to belive that children kill your dreams or defer them so far that YOU find it hard to recognize them...but deep down in the silence, I do.
I dont want to feel that any chance of fabulousity or real personal growth is gone...but deep down in the silence I do.
I dont want to think that I have to trade my self for the shoes of being a "mother"read: martyr...but I do...(yeah I got issues with that too)

See here's a little background...My mom said things all the time to the effect of..."I wanted to but I had yall to think about..." or she would say..."that would have been nice, but I have kids..." And at the time I would think...HA HA! (SIMPSONS) But now...these things are resurfacing...Is it possible to still be who I am and be a mother. To continue to grow and not fuck up their life, as I am still learning? Can I be the woman of my dreams and still have a family with familial obligations? I feel like my world, though enriched in many ways is closing in around me. I feel like I need to make some serious DECISIONS...major commitments! I dont feel it with urgency, but I do feel it with certainty. The intensity is unmistakable. I am about to be two little humans mother. Am I even big enough for this job? I try to say, God knows what He's doing..but then I remind myself it was not God who got me pregnant. Well I guess that depends on what you believe, but neither here nor there. I am AFRAID. Moreso than ever before. Who am I going to be? I am so afraid of losing myself in this process...I feel the remnants of my former self slipping into oblivion more and more each day. When I cant wait to get to my son...and his awesome smile. I think that is so awesome to love him so much...then panic takes over and wonders what happened to the girl who wanted such and such. She is not really here anymore. This is such a curious notion to me...I am changing. And I am aware of it AS it is happening. Im sure this is all normal. Priorities change, desires change, LIFE changes...But I never noticed before I guess. Now its hard not to notice. I am not in Kansas anymore...and Kansas wasnt the spot to be...but I shole do miss it! Sigh...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...C'mere, give me a hug!! Girl, you are always so hard on yourself!!! You are and always will be Keelah!! The girl with all the hopes, dreams, and endeavors...when we become mothers yes sometimes what we want is put on hold but not forever!!!!! Motherhood builds sooooo much character and from what I have read, you are an awesome MOM... I just want you to be happy, bask in the glory of motherhood for you are awesome!!! Once you have done the most important job ever created,(motherhood) and accomplished it to the point to where you can put some of the focus back on yourself, you are going to look back at this day and smile!!!

Keelah said...

Thanx....Chokkk, I sure hope so. I sure hope so. I wanted to not blog about the bad thougths...but that wouldnt be real. I am terrified of the person this is going to make me...and I feel so selfish for this being the main thing runnign across my mind. When I am on the cusp of something so wonderful!

Sweet KeiKei said...

i'm a do like msjayy does and give you lots and lots of

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

feeling doubt is normal. that's why i put on my last comment that children are a blessing so that you remember that being able to bring forth life is a GIFT.

your mother CHOSE to BLAME having children for not doing the things she THOUGHT she wanted to do. she really didn't want those things at all or she would have
MADE it happen. a real mother would never blame her children for anything because they didn't ask to be here, ya know???

it's up to you how you live your life going forward. don't let being a mother of two or even six stop you from doing anything. keep pushing.

xoxoxo

Keelah said...

Thank you SOO MUCH Unknown. I figured that...but I really need to hear it.

Lisa Steptoe said...

XXXOOO...Oh Lord Girl, I really do know how you feel. It is such a long story for a comment section, but you CAN have & enjoy your beautiful children AND acheive your dreams. BUT there is a lot of hard work, sleepless night, extra stuff. But it is so worth it. I'm with ya girl. Stayin tuned. Here to talk...