04 June, 2007

Boot! Here we come!!!!

I may be moving to Louisiana!!!! I am not wanting to get all excited about it...cuz this is the second time in the last year that it has been a possibility, but it seems more likely this time. First of all let me say that living in 'the boot' has been a dream of mine since I visited there 3 years ago. It was literally THE BEST time of my life! There was something about the "atmosphere"...and that southern hospitality...I cant say enough about it...so Imma stop now. I loved it with all my heart and soul. And I believe that I will be moving there after my child is born. The drawbacks...well my family is here...the good things...I have TONS of family there!! and they are awesome!! I never felt so much love in my life!!! I love the openness and quiet beauty of the south. I loved the energy of the people. I love the way living there MADE me into an outdoorsy person. I love the way it was slow and REAL. Its hard to explain the mark that Sweet Louisiana left on my soul...but I could never EVA forget it!!!! I think it will be a wonderful place to raise grounded children...and I am just so excited!! My man is leaving in 2 weeks to go and work down there...from what my brother in law says...there is an infinite amount of work to do (construction) and that is what he does...so he's leaving. I will be bare foot pregnant with a baby at home... but the sacrifice will be well worth it if at the end of the year...I get to LIVE there. I cant wait. I am a country girl deep down in my heart...and I cant wait to align my heart and life!! Wish us luck!!!

4 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

good luck...sounds like it's a good move! xoxo

Lisa Steptoe said...

Good Luck...I'll be praying that your dream will come true.

CreoleInDC said...

GREEN WITH ENVY!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Chica....It sounds like you will find peace there!!! I agree with the love of the south sentiment...I felt that too when I visited Texas...