20 June, 2007

On my way...!!!

So I get a call on Monday evening...from my man. And he is exhausted. He cavalierly tells me..."Oh and by the way...I'm not coming back to Michigan...so I hope you are ready to live in Louisiana." Me: Excitement and terror. I dont know what to think. This has been a dream for so many years, and it WAS the plan. But now that its looming with a certain definateness... (is that a word?) :) I am worried. I slipped up and told my mom...and she went into full fledged guilt trip. What about me? blah blah and her new business? blah blah...and the levies? blah blah...and your FAMILY? BLAH BLAH. I totally understand how she feels tho. Its not like I left for college, I stayed here...I am 27...so I'm guessing she assumed I would always be here...but...fraid not. What am I to do? I feel bad...but at the same time...I have a family of my own now...and the impending SAHM status!!! Which I am totally looking forward to! I have to do whats best for our little unit, right? I mean there is no way in Sweet Heaven that I would stay just because she wants me to...but I feel the guilt just the same. I feel like somehow by leaving I am abandoning her. She needs me...without me...who would she put down to make herself feel better? Sigh. Who else will let her be her miserable self and still love her SO MUCH? Yeah...its good to know you will be missed. But I'm moving!!! So excited!!!

5 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

wow!!! sounds great!!! good luck to you and your family in the boot!!!

Keelah said...

Thank you so MUCH! I am SO excited!! :D

*Tanyetta* said...

Yeahhh!!!!!!!!!! go with your family. Congrats on the move. You'll be just fine! :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you chica...tell yoru mom that's why we have airplanes...trains...and automobiles...she can always visit!!!! Do you...it's about you and your family!!! who knows maybe she will appreciate you a lil more in the process...afterall, absence makes the heart ....what???? yep!

CreoleInDC said...

Punkette. I'm soooooooooo hatin.