28 June, 2007

Right or Happy? Do I really have to choose

...so I'm at Bath and Body works...and they have 4 barrels filled with different scents that are 4 dollars each. I am excited! Cuz believe it or not, they are not just the rejects that dont sell...they have scents that I love. So I get 3...take them up to the counter...

Sales Chick: these are not on sale
Me: They were in the basket
Sales Chick: They were?
Me: Yes...and there is not just one or two--there are 30 or 40!
Sales Chick: Knowing what she must do...
IN COMES THIS BLACK CHICK WITH ATTITUDE...
Mean Girl: THESE ARE NOT ON SALE
Me: (responding to her nasty ass tone) They were in the basket...and the basket is full of them.
Mean Girl: I know...I saw that...but these are not the fragrances on sale...somebody mixed them up.
Me: (Wanting to be ferocious, but just getting tired)--There are lots of scents in the baskets labeled FOUR DOLLARS...if they are mixed up then how am I supposed to know which ones are on sale?
Mean Girl- Ask.
Me: Ask? (Me louder)...Ask? Why would I ask when the baskets are ALL LABELED four dollars...that doesnt make any sense?
Inner voice: Raise hell!!! Ask for the manager...You KNOW you are right...and they HAVE to give them to you for four dollars!!! YOU-ARE-RIGHT!!!! Wipe that smug ass smile off her face!!!
Me: Thats all right...I'm tight on these then.
Inner Voice: Tell her ass they should take the signs down then...or SHE should go thru and remove all the ones NOT on sale, cuz you aint the first or the last.
Somebody else is going to win...and you just gave up!! Waaaahhhh! I wanted that lotion!!! YOu are being so soft! Sigh...fine leave!

This was yesterday evening and ever since then...I have been replaying this event over and over, each time saying something differently or MAKING them give me the lotion for the advertised price. Why do I feel the need to make what happened be any different than it was? I had a choice...stand and "fight" to prove I WAS RIGHT! Or just preserve the little energy I had left and move along...to spend the money on my son his first pair of Jordans. I made a choice...I just feel like I punked myself...I should have proved my RIGHTness!!! I am struggling with this because this was yesterday...but I am STILL wishing I would have just went off on her. Why? Because I was right! Right? Sigh.

3 comments:

Shai said...

I was at B & B in Fairlane just this past weekend. Girl, it was crowded. My daughter and I were geeked until we found they did not have complete sets of our fav scents. Then when we picked what we could, their computer was down and was only accepting cash. *sigh* So I have no B and B yet.

I would have said nicely, "Then you need to fix it so that this won't keep happening."

Keelah said...

I think its NO COINCIDENCE that I was at Fairlane too!!! (still mad!)

Sweet KeiKei said...

i often regret not standing up for myself as i should.