11 April, 2007

Swinging

I am so tired of swinging up and down. One day I understand this whole thing and the next day my mood is just sour. I am empowered one day...and totally deflated the next. Sigh. I know that this is a part of the process, but I sure am tired of swinging back and forth. Last night...I SAW myself making a mountain out of a molehill. I felt myself having personal issues, but instead of praaying about it...I started an arguement. And then I heard myself say, "I dont want to argue...I just need to understand your thought process when making this decision". The truth was...I didnt need to know...I already knew, I just wanted to hear it verbalized so that I could justify the 'tude that I already had brewing beneath the surface. All of this I was a witness to...but I felt powerless to choose differently. What is happening? When will these mood swings balance out? It is exhausting...to be on top of the world...and then fall right back "in" it. I want to scream!!! Hmmm Maybe now would be a good time to pray...but I am too tired for that too. Sigh..
Jesus...help me.

4 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

wow...i was just saying the same thing to myself yesterday because i've been going up and down myself (as u can probably tell). i think it's important to stay open to whatever feelings we are having and try to view our feelings objectively, from a distance and question what makes us feel good or bad....and why. the why is a big part. i think by studying ourselves we'll learn to master ourselves and control the roller coaster a little better. let me know if you find out anything else though...
xoxo

Keelah said...

that is so true...i understand that...but i am so tired of going thru it...my off days are exhausting and so hard to get thru

Sweet KeiKei said...

i know babes but keep pushing...it'll get easier

Shai said...

I hate to say this, as you get older, you learn not to let the pendulum of emotions swing so easily. Or at least you don't give in to them so easily. I am slowly learning to get in a zone even when my emotions are tripping.

A good book to read is Joyce Meyer's Managing Your Emotions. I have read it once and will again for reference points. With maturity comes patience and wisdom on how to manage these things. NOT age mind you maturity.


I feel so old typing this. LOL.