05 April, 2007

I dont trust sales people

I dont know why...I guess I dont trust people that solicit because they are trained in the art of persuasion...and I can be vulnerable to advertising. There have been countless times in my life, where I have been coerced or taken over by marketing and sales ploys, just to get home and wonder..."why the hell did I do this?" I hate that feeling, the feeling of being pressured. To conform, to submit, to have my decision be affected by YOUR intentions...bugs the hell out of me. That is why normally I stay away from most home businesses disguised as "parties", candle people, jewlelry people, avon people, and any kind of pyramid program...which brings me to...One of my dearest and yes only friends is coming over today...to introduce me and my man (again) to the business that she is in. It is a pyramid program...and I dont like them. They always make sense to me...but Im just not interested. I dont want her to waste her time...but how do I tell her (again, sigh) that this is not where my heart is? While yes, I would like to make more money...cuz me finances are a bit mangled, I want to make it...MY way. Or God's way...and I seriously doubt that God wants me to get involved in this. It doesnt help anyone in any way. And not to say that anything I do has to save the world...but I need to feel personal satisfaction of a job well done in anything that I undertake. I have to feel effective and that I am doing something worthwhile...not just "making money". Noone understands that tho. They think that just because EVERYONE seems to be driven and motivated by money, that I should be too. And I understand why they feel that way...but I am and always have been a bit different. And I think thats good. I am motivated by personal feelings of success and accomplishment, as opposed to outward appearances of success and accomplishments. Yes...its hard to be that way in a world, where you are supposed to flaunt what you have, but I would much rather be subtle and celebrate what I have. And its hard for me to celebrate empty things. Things achieved for the purpose of achieving things. In my heart, I know I will celebrate my humanitarian efforts, my generosity, and one day, my love for ALL of humanity. And my wealth will come. I do plan on being wealthy monetarily as well. But I just dont want to even focus any of my attention on anything that is not working toward any of my spiritual goals. Its like wanting to go into politics, yet choosing to work in construction...as opposed to working in a politicians office. It just doesnt make sense to me. And if it doesnt work for me then I cant indulge. I feel a bit dogmatic in my approach, and yes she asked me what was I scared of? Salesperson tactic. I responded nothing--this is just not what I want to do. She asked me how did I know, if I havent even heard her out? I answered...I just know. Cuz I DO NOT LIKE PYRAMIDS. If you make money off of me making money, and the only way for me to make money is to recruit more people to do this...that is not for me. I like regular growth. I make money because I see a need and fill it. If it is a good cause, then I will not have to "convince" people to join me . It will be a natural evolution of a good thing growing. Sigh! But she is still coming over. Pray that I can make it thru this without signing up! lol (smile) Sike..I will--I aint got no money for this anyway.