03 April, 2007

Sometimes... you gotta switch it up

There is this mistake I keep making at work. And its not carelessness. Its an easy mistake to make. But the thing is that as much concentration as I put into it, to avoid making changes...it keeps happening. The suggestions that have been offered to me...dont sound like "my" style. Okay...TRUTH! It isnt the way that I normally do it. So I dont want to have nothin to do with it. Especially since the suggestion implies or acutuallyconfirms that MY way isnt the best way. God just showed me that the suggested way is not harder...just different. It leaves no room for error, which means no apologizing and embarrassed feelings. No explanations. And for all of those reasons, this way is much easier. Just another way...it was revealed to me where I was not, despite my words, willing to change. Now that that madness is over with...Back to work. Carrying on, yall! Carryin on!

Thankful for the clarification!

2 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

this is too funny because i've had this same problem in the past...the unwillingness to accept correction. in hindsight, i've seen that i need to shut my mouth and do as i'm told because either way i ain't the boss and if what they tell me to do doesn't work out, i can always give them the "i told you so look" everyday. lol
xoxoxo

Keelah said...

Ha ha...yes I am a told you so kinda girl too! I guess I can find comfort in that...next time I find it hard to accept correction.