03 April, 2007

Beautifully Human

I met this guy yesterday...He was so beautiful. I was stopped at a red light, where I stop mostly everyday. And everyday there is at least one homeless person up underneath the overpass. I always speak, even if I dont give any money. I want them to know that they are acknowleged. That somewhere out there in this busy azz self important world...someone does SEE them. I feel the same way they do sometimes. I look at you, hoping that you recognize me. That you can help me-to know...but we are all so busy, busy, busy! Trying to get there from here...Digressing..I look at the guy and flash him a smile...and spoke. And he hunched over his sign a bit and then popped it open like he was flashing me! It was hilarious! I had to talk to him. I called him over and asked him his name and blessed him. In spirit and in cash. He took it and offered me my blessings...then as he maneuvered back through traffic, he unfolded the bill and his eyes lit up. He was so excited! He screamed at me...God Bless you! It felt good to give. At first I judged myself and said I gave because he amused me. Like..."Dance monkey, DANCE!" Because honestly I was okay with just speaking...but when I went beyond that taunting bitch! who doesnt really know me at all...I realized that I offered to him because he was me. He was a spiritual being living a human experience. Except in his life story...he had no home, no job...none of the physical trappings that offer false security to most humans in this world...but what he did have, despite what it looked like...was spirit. He had a sense of humor...and the ability to laugh. I loved him in that moment. Because he instantly and reminded me of THE truth. Spirit is free. And in any given moment...nothing else really matters. Being alive is not accumulation or acquisitions, or status or wealth, or beauty or health even (tho life sure feels better with them)...Being alive is being here. Fully present. And able to enjoy whatever moment you find yourself in. Thank you, Dude! For a second I wondered...what if he were Jesus? Did I do good? I think I did. I entered the moment with him and in that moment...we were ONE. So thankfull! Love. First and Always.

2 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

wow...how inspiring!

Sweet KeiKei said...

wow...how inspiring!