13 April, 2007

Girl! You gone REAP what you sew!!

I remember whenever someone crossed my mother, really or imagined one of her most habitual comments would be..."They gone reap what they sew!" And the same implied to me, if something I did wasn't what SHE expected of me...then I would get threatened with having to lay in the bed I made...haha...Well even as a youth...I was fine with that. I dont mind laying in the bed I make...even if that mug has all types of shit in it...If I made it...then I am willing to lay in it-or remake it (which I have always considered an option). Well I wonder why were comments like this reserved for negative times? I mean if I sew love, congratulations, understanding, compassion, and acceptance...then reaping what I sew is pretty sweet. If I make my bed to be soft, comforting, inviting and sacred--then laying in my bed could very well be the perfect ending to a wonderful day. I was just examining some of the ways that I have thrown the fish out with the water just because I associate the message with unfavorable feelings...but Im so thankful today for that 'saying' that was drilled into my mind time and time again. Because now I have the choice to accept the perfection in it. I can openly accept that I will reap what I sew, and that I will lay in the bed I make...because I intend to sew only what I will love to reap. And my bed will be created with intention. So how bout yall? What chall sewing lately? Is the reaping satisfying to you? If not...? Sounds like we have work to do! Love yall! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Sweet KeiKei said...

awww...we luv u too keelah!!!

i guess these days i'm also sewing with intention so that i can know the bed i'm getting into. i didn't really think about it like that before reading this but it's definitely what i'm doing.

like my girl janet said:

~i'm in control~

thank you for this reminder about reaping and sewing! xoxoxo