29 January, 2008

The Craft bug

I am feeling a bit crafty. I am a bit nervous about doing this...because what if it sucks??? I.HATE TO SUCK. (sometimes) What if I was better off leaving well enough alone? I have this dresser in my room that my man gave to me, and its not cute. Nothing about it okay. NOt the knobs, not the color contrast, nothing as far as I can tell. I was sitting in my room doing my nightly hiatus thing, and I wondered what would happen if I sanded off the paint of the body part? And refinished it in a REALISTIC wood color? There are no black trees! Why anyone would stain wood an unnatural color is beyond me. Then I wondered what would the drawers look like if I covered them in paisley fabric. And dont laugh, but paisley is my FAVORITE pattern EVER!!! And then I thought...thats stupid! But honestly, it would be a whole helluva lot better than it is now. Then I had the idea to make the top drawers padded and satiny (kinda like a casket) May need to rethink that one. Dont know what vibe a casket drawer would bring to my budoir, but ya know. Just feeling like MAKING something. And the fact that the budget that I'm working with to secure debt elimination by the end of this year...is not saying I'm getting a new dresser anytime soon...so why not? I will make sure to post pics, if I decide to do this. May be fun and just what I need to get my creative juices flowing. Question: What do yall do just to express yourselves other than blog and blog hop? Do you have any hobbies?

3 comments:

Lisa Steptoe said...

If it makes you happy - do it. I scrapbook, hang wallpaper, paint, tile - I'm just handy - it is like therapy to me. I love it.

Shai said...

I am just getting into scrapbooking. It is overwhelming and fun. It is relaxing once I get over my anxiety of making pages like seasoned experts. Besides my plain old startups can be added to. I plain to attend scrapping classes/parties so I can learn.

chelsea said...

I have gotten into crocheting. I always find yarn at the thrift store that I practice with and make little projects with. Cheap.
I also like to find little projects at the thrift store that can be re-done. An ugly end table will be painted white and put in my daughter's room. Cheap and practical.