28 January, 2008

....1994

Me, 5'9" 125 lbs, sitting at table munching on a piece of lunchmeat. My mom, about 230 lbs., 5'11" in the background (of my mind)...complaining about her weight. I'm writing, she is annoying me by complaining about something that only SHE can change.

Mom-I just want to lose my stomach!
Me-So why dont you?
Mom-Its not that easy! You, she accused, cant understand!
Me- (thinking to myself)Well I know if you keep going you will reach your goals! If I were overweight, I would 'work-it-out!'

See it didnt occur to me, when I was younger, more naive and thinner, that there was a possiblity of being in a situation that your sheer will couldnt get you out of...this was my TRUTH!

Sigh-I'm so glad my mom has not yet said..."I told you so!"

1 comment:

Sweet KeiKei said...

"See it didnt occur to me, when I was younger, more naive and thinner, that there was a possiblity of being in a situation that your sheer will couldnt get you out of...this was my TRUTH!"

Girl, bye if that aint a real statement I don't know what is. Crazy part is I can apply that truth to a whole lot of situations in my life. I read that willpower is like a muscle though. You have to keep exercising it in order for it to work.

xoxo