14 August, 2007

To my unborn son

I swell with pride and joy and thankfullness as your life expands inside of me. The fear that was there has been replaced with such a profound gratefulness. I am expectant. Your every move STOPS TIME. I dont understand...but I am thankfull. Deeply. I woke up early this morning...before light shone. Just when the crickets began their song. It was just me, you and the morning. You kicked and punched me...and spiraled about...I.just.was. I sat still and relaxed as I could be...as you awakened with the earth. It was a very magical moment. And we shared it...just us two. Thank you baby...for choosing us. Thank you baby...for choosing me. Thank you for all of the joy, blessings, learnings, and TRUTH that you will inevitably bring to this life of mine. Mama loves you. Always and eternally.

2 comments:

Valaria said...

Isn't knowing that you are the vessel from which he will come amazing? I enjoyed every minute of both my pregnancies and was in "awe" with each one of them. I thank God for the experience everyday!

Muze said...

awwwww. very sweet.