13 August, 2007

Take your own advice FIRST!!!!

Now...normally I dont give advice. AT ALL! If I have been in similar situations or believe that life has given me privy information that may be helpful to help you through something...then I will offer you what I have...with the preface..."In my experience"...or soemthing to that effect. I would NEVER tell anyone what they should do...because I am aware that I dont see your life from the broadest perspective. I see it from MY perspective-an outside one. AND, I only see what you allow me to see...Your words cannot help me 'feel' your experience. They can only describe it to me...and I get to interpret that through my FILTERS. Not always impartial...if I must say so myself. So...knowing that I am not always of a clear mind, I just try and listen...and be at least a sounding board that you can bounce ideas off of to fix your own problem...especially when I know that being IN a situation ALWAYS makes it that much harder to actually DO what seems to be the obvious solution. So...that being said...I leave advice to your therapists and people who have control issues. I stay out of that whole thing. However it would be wise of me to understand that not everyone shares that sentiment. Actually most people JUMP at the chance to offer their two cents...and almost everyone thinks that thier advice is worth Gold. I mean its yours right? Of course you do! Hmph! I witnessed a battle of the EGO's this weekend that made me sick! Like literally sick.

Picture it...Detroit...2007...My mom and the oil change guy...going back and forth complaining about the lack of good men/women--BOTH of them pretending to be the victims of some consipiracy for them not to be happy. Somehow..they do everything right in a relationship...but ALWAYS get shitted on...and they fed off of each other...and IT grew bigger and bigger...and so did my RAGE! I kept my mouth shut the ENTIRE time while I listened to them make GROSS GENERALIZATIONS based on their limited experiences, and then justify their wrong behaviour by them. But after all was said and done...they both claimed to LOVE the opposite sex! hahahha I seriously doubt it. Nothing that came out of either one of their mouths had even the slightest tinge of love involved. It was I gotta get you before you get me...cuz I've been gotten before. I understand...you are hurt..but both of them claimed to be healed and to have let go of the past...yet somehow still findin themselves in the same predicaments...and neither had the awareness to question their own roles in that...that IRKED.ME.TO.NO.END. Blame, accusation, he did it, she done it...pooor pooor me! Whenver I'm going thru something...after I vent about the injustices in the world. (dont we all?) I ask...so what is it that is IN ME that is attracting this vile shit into my life??? Usually I come up with something. Not an easy thing to change...but a starting point nonetheless. It was too damn hot yesterday for me to sit thru that...and apparently it bothered me even more than I thought...cuz I still have 'feelings' about it a whole day later. Sigh...me and my damn feelings!

Now dont get it twisted, I did question why I had such a strong reaction to it...(aside from the fact that they sounded sooo DUMB to me) and I'm either still waiting for the answer...or decided to ignore it--cuz I KNOW I dont act like that!! :)

2 comments:

Shai said...

I get ya. I am irked about some fam stuff right now. I know it irks me because I get tired of the dysfunction, theirs and my own.

Sweet KeiKei said...

i agree...that people need to take their own advice before giving it!