13 February, 2007

The world only APPEARS to disapper

I was just having a much needed conversation with an old friend. We speak nowadays only like once a month, but everytime we do it is the most healing and spirit-freeing time that I know. He tells it like it is. Not always right, but always truthfull. I love him. Anyway...I was venting my issues to him. Telling him how I feel...trying to capture the profundity and complexity of my situation. And after I had let it out...with the utmost precision--i waited. I waited for my soul to be receieved. And he said to me" Do you think that I disappear when we get off the phone with each other?" My first instinct was to say "of course not" but I thought about it for a second
and I REALLY DO! We had a good laugh off of that. He let me know that my problems are NOT my problems...they are just problems! Problems that lots of people have...and a vast majority of people have it way worse off. I laughed and laughed. I do consider my situation all pervasive. I feel they are the real ALMIGHTY! That somehow my plight is more important that most other things in my life. Even things that truly deserve my full attention. Sigh...I cant really say that I fully understand the concept that just when I close my eyes, the world only seems to disappear. Its still there and its still happening, whether I'm there or not! So profound, but I'm much to tired to ponder this further at this time. Just had to get that out...

No comments: