02 February, 2007

Confused

I know that I should be focused on savings and investments, but as I stated earlier this morning, I am really want to live a fabulous life. Unfortunately every financial site that I went to is saying cut out all of the things that I want to add to my life in order to build wealth. Which makes me wonder is the exchange worth it? Do I have to sacrifice living a comfortable and enjoyable life to build wealth and have savings? It doesnt seem fair. Should I believe what the 'experts' say or should I set out to do what I feel I must to satisfy myself? I dont want to make unintelligent decisions that will hinder my family later, but I dont want to sacrifice any more life that I have now. Age old adage...now or later. *Sigh* Why every time I get all hyped up to make what I consider to be a breakthru...I run across ish like this? Now my mood is going down!

1 comment:

Single Ma said...

The key to building wealth is living within your means. Spend less than you earn and save/invest the difference.

You don't have to sacrifice a comfortable and enjoyable life to build wealth, but if you are living paycheck to paycheck, beyond your means, and incurring debt, how comfortable and enjoyable is that? To get the best of both worlds, you must strike a balance and do what works for you.

If you don't want to cut back on your spending, focus on increasing income. When you increase income, you'll have more to spend AND more to save/invest.

INCOME - EXPENSES = DISPOSABLE INCOME TO SAVE/INVEST

Consider your lifestyle in terms of this equation. Only you can control the input. The variance between the two will help you build wealth.