29 October, 2007

What a STRANGE WORLD I live in....!!!!

Okay...just a few STRANGE THINGS about my weekend:

1) How does a grandmother with only ONE grandchild show up at his party with NO GIFT?

2) How does my sister buy two other RANDOM little people birthday gifts, expensive ones mind you...but come to her ONLY nephews birthday party empty handed? And THEN leave to go get more balloons, and come back with a friend and another little kid? Ummm??? Me no understand.

3) How do you decide that you are going to stay...and then five minutes before I leave the house...decide that you MUST leave?

4) How is is that you call me at 3:45 and you are on your way to your ONLY grandsons party...then at 4:30 you're too sick to come? [however you did come the next day and bring a NICE CHECK...FORGIVEN] :)

5) How do you plan on a $300 dollar car making it back to Detroit from New Orleans...if I call you and say "I'm in Labor...come right away???"

6) Why do you choose the day of my sons b-day to need his dad to help you take some metal to the metal yard...when you had him available all week? And then you keep him for hours...because you decided to drive BELOW the speed limit???? And ignore the directions you got from the yellow pages, the location....and my MAN!??

7) How do you find any excuse to drink and smoke? and when your decision to do so causes you to sleep like a corpse...why do you look at me when you miss your plane ...like "what do I do?" I.DONT.KNOW!

I am trying not to adopt the victim mentality here...but WHAT IN THE FUGGGG IS GOING ON? Am I the ONLY SANE ONE LEFT??? Or is my crazy...just being reflected back to me in the form of others? And why when I express to a "friend" how my fam came empty handed...she reminded me that I didnt want to throw a party in the first place...which leads me to #8

8) What does a party or acknowledgment on my part AT ALL have to do with MY FAMILY getting my son a gift?

I mean, am I being weird?...should I not expect for them to buy him something for his 1st birthday? I mean...I bought them something from him for theirs...and they are both GROWN AS HAYLE?

And now that that shit is out...IM.DONE! I am not speaking of it again. What is done is done...water under the bridge. My son enjoyed his birthday, as did his guests. The party (our firt time ever throwing one) turned out very well. Good freaking Monday morning! : )

3 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! :)

Sweet KeiKei said...

glad to hear that overall the party turned out good. as long as the baby enjoyed himself...that's all that matters.

Afrodite said...

First of all, it sounds like there were too many "snags" going on at your son's first birthday party! They may need to reevaluate their lives, man!

Second, Happy Birthday to your son!