11 July, 2007

New Ahleans Cuisine

I ate CRAWFISH! Was good! I ate shrimp that had legs and eyeballs on it! Crab legs, lobsters- Was good! Normally wouldnt eat this...but on this particular day...I had been left at the hotel ALL DAY with no food...so I got to crushing shells and chewing meat like the best of em' Ate Gumbo! Was THE BEST! I had seafood gumbo, steak gumbo and turkey sausage gumbo--ALL OF WHICH WERE the BEST FOODS I have EVER TASTED!!!! EVER. I ate at a ghetto place called Manchus--the best DAMN fried chicken I have EVER HAD! I got over my fear of the area as I ate there twice. And had enough for my middle of the night binges...err um snacks! I ate indian food! Never again. Wasnt good...wasnt awful...but not to me likin. Ate McDonalds...just like everywhere else I had tasted it...which is weird and made me think of just how 'scientific' their flavor is. How the hell can any food taste the same damn way no matter where you get it? I am really working on not eating fast food anymore. Cuz that is just...weird! Loved the New Ahleans food. The best was some chicken that my man made! Boy do I miss his cooking! Havent gotten on a scale...but Im sure I did a good 5-10. Sigh! Yes in only 4 days! But I did do a lot of walking...yep! Thats my justificatin and I'm sticking to it!

3 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

ooooohhh....i LUVS me some cajun food!!! i can't even finish my yogurt after reading this!!!

Nic said...

Darn!!!Now I'm all hungry. Sounds really good. I'm tired of all the crappy food I get from around my job.

The Humanity Critic said...

Cajun food is my personal favorite.