26 July, 2007

I'm going....shopping.this.weekend...sigh

Okay I MUST buy some maternity clothes now! I dont know why I dont like maternity clothes...seeing as though I am VERY pregnant, but I have some type of psycho-somatic avergence to clothes with a big belly part!! When I was pregnant with my first son...I kept wearing my street clothes until I LITERALLY couldnt get them on. I mean I didn the open button, unzipped zipper, the cover up a too tight shirt with a big azz jacket thing. My ass kept expanding...so my shirts got longer. My heels got shorter...but my clothes stayed the same. Weird huh? People started to ask me why I wasnt maternity shopping...and I gave every excuse I could come up with. But I think its just because I dont want to buy these BIG AZZ CLOTHES!! Now my mom thought it was because I didnt have any money...so she tricked me one day saying she wanted me to help her buy something and took me MATERNITY SHOPPING! I bout died! The whole time we were there, my nose was turned up (very ungratefully) and I just felt disgusted by all the panels and elastic...and HUGENESS!!! I felt embarrassed almost. I tried to only buy things that didnt "look" maternity. I wish I could embrace this like NORMAL. But I cant. As soon as I delivered my son, I packed up all my M clothes and gave them to the Salvation Army. Mind you I still have 2 garbage bags of regular clothes that I have been "donating" for years! So when I got pregnant again...so soon after my first pregnancy...the denial is even deeper...cuz I didnt even loose all the baby weight from my first pregnancy. So the clothes that I need are going to be EVEN BIGGER!!! Today I had to literally use a pulley method to get my azz into what I have on today...so my path of denial has come to an end. I must go shopping! My man sent me money to go a few weeks back...and I lied and said I did...so I really have to go...he will be back in 6 or 7 days!!!! I cant let him see me prying myself into these clothes. I am so ashamed--not so much of my body---but of my feelings about this whole thing. Sad part is I got a visa checkcard just to maternity shop...and I have not bought not one thing. its been weeks. NOT ONE THING. I have issues. maybe my shirt is cutting off circulation to my damn head!!! I dont know...but my discomfort today is going to have to trump whatever "issues" I have surrounding this...sigh....Dude! I REALLY need to see if my insurance covers therapy...cuz I'm reading this and I'm like..."THIS CHICK IS OFF!" [insert psycho laugh here]

3 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

keelah,
dont feel bad....i did the same thing and i have a cousin who's doing the same thing now. her excuse is the same as mine was...that we didn't want to waste money on clothes that we could only wear for a few months. now that i look around at some pregnant people, maternity clothes can be really cute. you'll be surprised when you go shopping how flattering the maternity clothes are.
btw....stop smushing that baby with those tight azz clothes!!! lol...j/k
xoxoxo

Shai said...

Let it go! LOL. Buy the clothes that look cute and are comfortable. Over 17 years ago, I found cute maternity clothes and folks did not believe it. LOL.

Girl, nowadays, there are some nice azz maternity clothes and inexpensive too.

Just think this is the only time you can be comfortable in big clothes knowing the weight will be gone soon without much effort.

Cute and comfortable is better than shoved in uncomfortable clothes. LOL.

Keelah said...

Unknown---Bwahahahah! He IS smushed! Good to know I am not the only one!

Shai--Yep...SHOVE is the appropriate word for what I did to my body to get it into this outfit!

But I'm going...I'm going. :(