31 January, 2007

Lowered Expectations

Me and Gina were just I'mmin talking about men. And she was saying how she wanted a man that had his shit together. Understandable...but I feel differently, I want to be compatible with my man...money was not the main focus. Now mind you, I dont want a man who cant afford the pot he needs to piss in, becasue that is NOT a compatible trait with me. But when I list the things that are desirable in my mate, the material things are always last on my list. I want my man to be attentive to my personal needs, who can understand me, and who has the same goals that I do. I want a man who makes me feel like a woman, and the greatest one alive at that! I want my man to pick up the slack where I leave off, while helping me to be stronger. I want to be able to lean on him without him falling over, and withtout "needing" him to be there. I want him to be strong enough to support me in my goals without feeling threatened, and motivated and courageous enough to go after his own. Then I would want a man with nice shit...cuz I like my shit. Its not the best, but its the best that I can afford right now and I'm proud of it. I want a man who is satisfied with who he is, but still wanting more...cuz thats me! Well my goal anyway. I dont have it all together on that note, which may be why I dont expect that from my man. But then I wondered do I have lowered expectations because I dont demand certain things from him. Like good credit, and furniture and enough money to do for me what I can do for myself? Or are my priorities just different...its hard for me to tell. Have I lowered my standards to fit my circumstance or am I just not comfortable enough with myself to admit that I dont think the way that most people do. hmmm

No comments: