19 January, 2007

Shoepiphany!!!

Okay I had one of the most monumental moments of my life the other day. I was web browsing at work, planning where to get most of my wardrobe staples for my closet that I am rebuilding from scratch...and I decided to go to Macys.com...Now normally I avoid higher end stores like the plague, because for (1) I dont have much money to spend on clothes, which I viewed as a luxury and not a necessity and (2)...I just had some weird uncomfortableness about more expensive pieces...I'll disect that later! Anyway as I browsed macys, I found a fabulous pair of heels (which I havent worn in like...YEARS!!) And on sale they were like 40 dollars. Now 40 dollars tends to be more than I would normally spend, but I am noticing (now) that it is ALWAYS worth paying more for quality things, cuz they last longer and they fit better...and lets just face it. Dont I deserve the best that I can possibly have???? To make a long story short...I found like 6 pairs of fabulous shoes ranging from 40 to 100 dollars...and they were all unique and special and I felt pure excitement over the prospect of actually having a shoe catalogue to choose from in the morning!!! Before that day, I thought you needed a basic black pair and a pair of gym shoes. Maybe some brown ones, as I tend to accumulate a LOT of brown clothes...but never just shoes for the sake of shoes. And never more than one pair of the same color--even if the style could completely change an outfit. What the hell was wrong with me? Once again, I found that for YEARS, I have been denying myself one of the beautiful pleasures of being a woman. Dressing up and expressing myself through my clothes. I once viewed this as shallow, but I think that may have been a lot of insecurity and jealousy. Because I didnt trust my instincts...I didnt appreiciate my unique taste on style, so I had to hate yet envy everyone who could. Wow feels so free to admit that ...I started a wish list on macys and requested info about their sales and promotions...maybe it is possible to actually build a quality wardrobe without breaking the bank! I even ventured out and went to Nordstroms where I found many must have fashion items. Now I am interested in finding quality clothes that complement my body, even though I am in the process of changing it...because I shouldnt put off fabulousness until some undetermined time...My life is happening now, and its my DUTY to enjoy it! And to represent!!! Even things that I once considered off limits for me! Beauty! Now this all started with me picking out 10 pairs of must have shoes for me to begin with...but I see how this can acutally carry over into every area of my existence. Its like this shoepiphany opened up my mind to what I really desire deep down in my heart and its opened my heart to actually have faith to step out into uncharted territory. By the way...I am ordering my first pair of 'Grown and Sexy' shoes today! Yaay me!!!

No comments: