10 June, 2008

Give

I was sitting at a red light with my man and children. We were having a very laid back trip to grandma's. There was such a serene calm in the air. The air was hot and humid, the sun melting into orange and purple skies. And we hear a saxophone. So we look to the right, and there is a guy standing next to the pick up window at the Taco Bell playing the saxophone. I automatically looked for his cup (conditioned negativity). There wasn't one. He was sincerely playing to share his gift with the world. I mouthed the words THAT IS AWESOME! Nard and I couldnt stop staring at this man, hypnotized by the meaning behind this moment that we got to share. Then the man pointed his sax at us and said, "This is for yall too! I see the love in that car!" We pulled of...and all that was said was a common, "Wow". I wanted to talk about it. Find out what he was thinking...I felt like I needed to know if it affected him the same way it did me. Me and my busy mind. Instead I just relaxed and enjoyed that moment. God sent us another angel to remind us what we are here for. Simply to share what we have to share.

Too often I ponder what I can do to unleash myself unto this world, and I always dream up these big elaborate dreams that I often honestly believe are too big for me. But it never really takes that much. Give what you can. And somewhere, somehow it will be appreciated. He was so courageous, so honest, so love filled! I am in awe of that man. In the 60 seconds that we waited at that light, I was hopeful for humanity. A stranger showed me the way. Thank you, God. We appreciate your presence in our lives. Love, ALWAYS Keelah

No comments: