18 February, 2008

No more weighting!

I have been making small changes every week to reach my weight loss goals. So far, since adding a 30 minute walk and adding more water to my regimine, I have only lost 3 lbs. Which is good! Don't get me wrong, however I have been the same weight now for 2 weeks, and I know I have been indulging in chocolate EVERY DAY, so that of course is one thing that is going to have to cease. I know I have not plateaued, I must just be consuming waaay to many calories. So I decided to check and see how many calories it would take to maintain my current weight, and how many it would take to maintain my goal weight...and I am SHOCKED! In order to maintain my current weight, I need well over 3000 calories per day. YES! You read correctly...THREE T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D calories per D-A-Y! It is hard for me to believe, but I guess it could be. If I actually did the food journal thing, I'm sure I would see that to be true. When you dont KNOW...and guesstimate, you can be really off. I entered my goal weight and found that it would take 2743 calories for me to maintain that. That is so high! It sounds so doable! I hate having to chart and measure and calculate, but it is necessary for me to make it to the next step in my evolution. Just like in my closet and my finances, I have to take inventory and make a plan to get from point A to point B. I am so grateful for this, because it has definately opened my eyes. I dont have to end my life, I just have to alter it to fit into my hightest ideal. And I have a bit of leeway to do it. I mean, I was thinking I needed to do 1800 calories and I get a thousand more than that! I mean....WOW! This sounds too good to be true. But I'm going to try it out. I am going to eat 2700 calories per day this week. That is the only change I am going to make. I will not be all crazy about the type of calories at this point. I am just going to limit my caloric intake to be closer to that of my dream weight and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Last week my goal was to: Walk the building I work in...(which is three floors), for my entire lunch break. The rules were simple. I had to keep a regular pace and RUN the stairs. I was not allowed to stop until I was done.

The results: I walked 4 out of five days. The other day, I had to go do some shopping on my break.
~Day one: I only did the entire building two and half times. Every day thereafter, I did the building 4 1/2 times.
~I felt better and more energized ALL DAY LONG!
~Lesson learned: Discipline, Stick-to-itiveness!, My Body NEEDS physical activity THROUGHOUT day.

Goal for this week--Stick to at 2700 calories per day! This should be interesing!

Stats-2.36% of my body weight gone! 26% left to go!

No comments: