20 September, 2007

When did I become Misses!

I have a friend who has a 12 year old daughter. She is one of the most beautiful chocolate babies you ever want to see. She reminds me so much of myself at 12. Very cute...very "grown", but not really...yet very sweet! Anyway...could write a whole post on little Ms. Dirah...but the point is...she calls me by my name. Like most children I know do. I even let my four year old niece call me Keelah...cuz it never really occured to me to have her call me....Auntie. I'm not the "auntie" type! Am I??? hahah But Dirah called me Keelah one day...and I responded...as I do whenever anyone else says Keelah...but her stepdad corrected her. And said, Ms. Keelah. And in that instant...I felt MATURE. And not necessarily in a good way. Now the strange thing is...I refer to myself as Ms. Keelah sometimes...but I'm thinking jazzy Ms. ya know? LIke Ms. Thang! Not Miss...as in elder. But dude...I am NOT a child. Hell I've got a child--Two! Hahaha Funny how this is on my mind to actually write about it. But how yall feel about that? Do younger people call you Ms.? I know its respect...but it just feels quite odd to me. Even tho...I guess at 28 I AM good and grown! Right?

No comments: