18 September, 2007

My New Year

Tomorrow is my birthday. It is not going to be celebrated...in a traditional way. I dont really do parties, usually I get taken out to dinner...eating being one of my MOST FAVORITE pastimes. And I will probably get a card from my mom...dont know what my MIA man is going to do...prolly call me from 11 hundred miles away...so sorry that he's not here...and blah blah blah. But I'm not really excited about it...it is very much a time of reflection for me. This is my new year...and I thought...well no...(honestly i stole this from someone) why not make resolutions??

So here is what I'm turning around in my mind so far. To be revised and posted.
~Create a....budget and stick with it.
~Create an account with 6 months living expenses in it...NOT TO BE TOUCHED.
~Save $100 dollars a month (yeah I know...but hey gotta start somewhere!)
~INCREASE my income!
~Keep eyebrows maintained (sounds easy...but lately notsomuch)
~Actually begin to (REALLY) eliminate my debt.
~Take time every day...JUST FOR ME!
~Go to church at least once a month. I really miss church...but on Sundays...I pass.
~Buy myself a great book once a month! (serious cutback)
~Take a class--yoga, feldenkrais, energy healing, chakra clearing...something that I really am interested in...but always talk myself out of.
~Continue to participate in family fun stuff happening around the city with my son. So far we've done a basketball game and the circus...Good times!
~Catalog my pictures, so that my boys can see their childhood en photo! (Something I dont have)
~I guess this could all be summed up as--GET MY LIFE IN ORDER! ORGANIZE MY LIFE!--

Now that I wrote all this out...I feel so overwhelmed. This seems like so much. If I could just incorporate these things...Life would flow so much better for me...but how am I actually going to have this life? Sigh...I will think on this later...I've made my head hurt. I am mad now!

11 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

Don't be overwhelmed....it's seems much harder than it is. I think you should just take it one day at a time and you will be just fine!!!
God Bless!!!

xoxoxo

Keelah said...

Thanks--Imma try to remain positive.

Lisa Steptoe said...

Happy Birthday!!!...So how do we eat an elephant?...ONE spoonful at a time. It takes 21 days to make a habit...just pick one or two and work your way down the list.

Happy Birthday..eat something YUMMY for me!

Muze said...

these are very good, and obtainable goals keelah! you just gave me an idea. lol. and happy birthday!! (now that it is 12:43am) hope it is filled with love life and laughter. :)

*Tanyetta* said...

the simple fact that you took the time write out your goals is a goal in itself. great job keelah.

now take a break :)

i have tons of books, what types of books do you enjoy reading????????

i have books that i've read and i would love to be able to pass on instead of tossing them or letting them collect dust in the garage!

Keelah said...

Sales Diva-I like that! One spoonful at a time. 21 days huh? Thank you

@Muse-thanks so much!

@Tanyetta-thanks, I didnt look at it like that.

Keelah said...

oh and Tanyetta...I enjoy all types of books on motherhood, spirituality, household stuff, self help, black fiction, black history. and thanks.

Shai said...

Happy Birthday Mz. Keelah.

Sweet KeiKei said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!

Keelah said...

Shai and Unknown Thanks Yall!!! :)

Shai said...

Keelah, chile I have tons of books I need to giveaway. Hell I just brought back over 15 books I got for free from my trip. I don't live far either. LOL. I have a dang library. What do you like to read?