28 April, 2008

Taking A Time Out.

Today is day one of a 10 day fast. I usually fast about 3-4 times a year, but with all the commotion of back to back pregnancies, I didnt get the chance (save once) in the last two years and I am feeling it. It is time. My body is overloaded with all the crapola that I have exposed it to, and its time for me to begin the arduous process of letting it go. I am excited about it, as I am actually prepared for the feeling of release. I am letting go of things that I dont need to be holding on to so tightly anyway. So here we go.

The plan is to do a full 10 days of fasting. And then two days of soup and two days of just vegetation and hopefully keep it like that. Optimally, I would like to cease eating meat after the fast. But that may be a bit ambitious, we'll see! Ideally, I will be eating only whole foods. No need to cleanse and detox and then go right back to the habits that have me in this bit of a cleansing crisis in the first place. I am so excited about it!

Mood: Optimistic
Energy Level: Higher than usual (specially with no cof-feine!!)

Gotta work now, been putting it off for an hour and a half!

1 comment:

BlackButterfly said...

Good luck Keelah!