27 December, 2006

New Years Resolutions...again!

I was sitting with Tima yesterday and she said that she had to come up with a New years resolution. And through the haze (of thought) I congratulated her on such a smart comment. She said "A" new years resolution...not resolutionssss, like most people I know. Why is it that we all try to use the new year a reason to completely overhaul our lives. Most resolutions of people I know sound like this...I am going to lose weight, get my money in order, start having more fun, start my own business (sans plan...lol) and blah blah blah...the same things that we need to work on all year round in order to make change all of a sudden, to us, seem like they can become fruitful after the first of the year. And I cant lie, I had a list of new years resolutions that I swore if I planned just right, they could all be habits and fully functioning in my life by March! Well I am gonna take a cue from my sister and take it slow. I only have one resolution and that is to BE present for my life. Any and all other changes will come through that. Nobody seems to be listening to me right now...but thats just cuz yall dont know no better yet...lol just kidding. If a lonely stranger happens to read this...Have a wonderful and prosperous new year. Two Thousand and Seven is going to be the BOMMB!!!

No comments: